Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Royal Gorge


The Royal Gorge
Originally uploaded by ...olson family...
Canon City, Colorado. Grandpa Joe's birthplace. I (Jennie) have many fond memories of this place. And I've heard many stories about Canon City.....
The Royal Gorge. HUGE suspension bridge that is built over the Arkansas River. That alone makes me nervous. Though I used to not give a second thought about heights, now, I truely can't stand them. And thinking of taking my precious children over that bridge makes my stomach flop! But we CANNOT live in Colorado without seeing the Royal Gorge.
As you can see in the pictures, a storm was slowly headed in. It was a beautiful site. Though I literally wanted to scream and protest, we DROVE OUR CAR across AND back over the bridge. I don't know that I will EVER do that again. And yes, my sweet David even made fun of me for crying a little! HA! After I calmed my nerves and dried my tears, we rode the enclosed tram down to the bottom next to the river. We saw a train, rapid flowing waters and beautiful little hummingbirds. We WILL be purchasing a feeder for our home for those little birds......We rode a little train and we ate ice cream out on the deck until we were pushed inside by the storm. And of course, we blew some bucks in the gift shop. At least now when I say, "no, we will get it next time we come," I won't be lying! HA! Again, many memories for me. Now, Iwe can make new ones that I hope the kids will remember fondly someday....

No comments: