Sunday, September 07, 2008

Money....by David

Funny boy:

David is IN TO MONEY these days. During a brief visit to Walmart the other day, I was victim to the routine "shakedown" from David. "I need that, Mom. I want that, Mom. You should buy this for me, Mom"....etc. This time, I gave in. A $2.00 pouch that had a monkey on the front, used to hold money. Seeing as how Zach loves to put money in his mouth, the idea of David collecting every coin in the house and keeping it in this little pouch, seemed worth the $ 2.00. This little pouch is now lovingly called, "my kid wallet" by David.

Scene: Dad got home from work. David: "Dad! Look at my kid wallet! Isn't it awesome?" Matt, "Sure is David! Do you have money in there?" David: "Yup! And I have more under the rug! I'll go get it!" Under the rug. What exactly did that mean? I tiptoed up the stairs behind David, followed him to our bathroom, and found him pulling up the bathroom rug. Up against the wall next to the counter was at least $6.00 or $7.00, in change and dollar bills. Little turkey. He's been collecting money for WEEKS! Our fault for leaving it lay around for little hands to grab! Now that little "kid wallet" is stuffed!

Parental responsibility here: We did discuss picking up money that doesn't belong to us and keeping it..........don't want to start a thieving problem here, but do like the idea of him saving money!!! :)

By the way, he now has a second wallet, one of Matt's old ones, that he calls his "Dad wallet". The boy is loaded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny little guy. I can't believe him. You know when he was here he would steal money out of Matt's wallet and he showed me his stash. He had like 20 bucks down there. We did return it to dad though.!!Hahaha