Sunday, September 07, 2008

Delightfully David: The Mole

Sweet David is so unbelievably articulate. Some of the things he says just blow us away. Here is one in particular that just makea me smile as I write it.

Scene: Nap time. Zachy was already asleep, David's head bobbing and eyelids looking droopy. Now most all of you know that Matt and I both have a mole, yes a mole, that David likes to rub when needing comfort. Matt's is behind his right ear, mine is in front. Sometimes, in dire need, David feels as if he needs the "double mole", as he calls it.

I felt this little hand go up and rub my mole. David stated, "I am NOT tired, Mom." When he says that, he IS tired. So I convinced him to go upstairs and lay down with me for a little shut eye. Again, he rubbed the mole. Note: though most people don't want to hear or talk about it, moles sometimes "sprout" a few hairs. Gross, but true. I choose to intermittently "remove" mine, and had done so earlier in the day. Anyway, David rubbed and rubbed and rubbed, then forcefully pushed my head sideways to actually look at the mole. "Mom," he said. "Your mole. It's...., well it's...." He just couldn't find the words to describe that it wasn't fuzzy anymore. Then finally..."Mom, there is something wrong with your mole. It's not turned on!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh David. He's soooo funny. I sometimes can't believe what he says. Geez, what a sweety!!!!